The henderson Hall
The “Henderson” in the Hall’s name comes from Henry William (Harry) Henderson who had the Hall built over 100 years ago for the benefit of the people of Abbots Langley, in memory of his wife, Elvira. Sadly, Elvira died in childbirth with her 5th child. She was only 31 and her husband donated the funds to build the Henderson Memorial Hall for the use of the villagers. It was opened in 1902. (You can see a photo of Elvira with her children, on display inside the Hall – in Elvira’s Foyer.)
The Henderson Hall has provided a venue on Abbots Langley High Street for educational, cultural, social and leisure activities ever since.
The Henderson Hub
In May 2015, the Henderson Hub took over the running of the Hall, and with the support of a range of donors and supporters (see below) has equipped it with new sound, lighting and projection equipment, and undertaken large capital refurbishment to create a new gallery space and foyer to allow access during the day to local residents.