The Henderson Hub is reliant on volunteers to make it a success – which means we need you to support us to make it happen!
More information about the roles available are below. If you are interested in volunteering please do contact us or call the Volunteer Coordinator on 01923 601280 and we will be happy to chat about how you can get involved.
Current Volunteer Roles
ELVIRA’S Foyer Volunteers
We need volunteers to help out for two-hour sessions, Monday to Saturdays (Wednesday and Saturday mornings only).
Duties are light and involve helping the smooth running of a the foyer space and answering any questions our visitors might have. No washing up required thanks to our wonderful dishwasher!
If you would like to spend that time in convivial surroundings with good company and help the Henderson Hub to thrive then please contact us on the details below.
The Henderson Hub is run and managed by volunteers – and we always on the look out for reliable, enthusiastic people to help with the running of the organisation as we grow our profile and offer across Abbots Langley.
To find out more email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01923 601280.
- To be in the exhibitions for around two hours at a time
- Meet and greet visitors and offer information about the exhibition
- Ensure the exhibits are not subject to any vandalism or theft
- Take payment for sales of exhibits and prepare any sales for taking away (training would be given with regard to taking payments and wrapping the exhibits for transport)
For events at the Hub there are a range of different tasks you can get involved with, including
- Front of House – meeting and greeting audience members, answering questions and providing other information about the Henderson Hub
- Aiding audience members to their seats
- Check tickets, take and handle money on the door
- Keep neat records of attendance and financial information
- Refreshments preparation (including making tea before opening up and in the interval)
- Refreshment sales (know the prices of tea coffee and refreshments, take money and give change to customers)
- Collect cups/plates wash up and clear away
- To do small repair jobs including decorating, around the Henderson Hall building
- To set up and move equipment and furniture as needed
- Working in groups or as individuals under the direction of the DIY and Maintenance Coordinator
- Ladder training is mandatory before any ladder usage- this will be provided if required
- Under the management of the venue manager to rig stage lighting, sound and film equipment for Henderson Hub events and for customers who require help.